Saturday 1 October 2011

Trailer Research

I've been finding it a bit difficult to find actual teaser trailers on youtube, more full length trailers are featured. Although through studying different trailers I can pick apart things which could work for my teaser.



This trailer for Jacob's Ladder has some of the effects/style that I want to use for my own trailer, the first 20 seconds of flashing imagery and music is something I have been thinking about incorporating. The film itself is of the psychological horror genre, which is the category I would put my own teaser trailer into. Psychological horrors typically show less explicit violence and gore as in traditional horrors, it more affects the mind and it's inner fears. Jacob's ladder is a film which isn't explicitly scary, but I thought it was rather disturbing through it's imagery and lighting. I need to explore more of the characteristics and films which label themselves psychological horrors.

No comments:

Post a Comment