Thursday 19 January 2012

Sight and Sound magazine

Sight and Sound magazine is a film magazine that offers information and features on more Art house type productions and niche genre films. Featuring my poster in this type of magazine would be the most suitable option, it typically aims at a male film audience and allows less publicised works to be shown.

The draft cover that I came up for my magazine is actually quite similar to some of the Sight and Sound covers I have just researched, which shows that my own cover will fit the conventions that I am studying.

 <-- This is the cover that appears similar to my own, as I was thinking of a simple layout with the serene blue sky background.


My original idea for the background of the magazine was the field image with my actor standing with her back towards the camera, but now I am steering towards a more horror orientated image..

I am going to draw a few of my new ideas up and upload them shortly. Looking at the covers for Sight & Sound has made me want to go in a different direction in terms of imagery, something more simplistic and eye catching. Something that reflects the psychological horror genre.

This magazine has quite a retro feel to it, as would my own, referring to it's title of 'Drive In' (typically an old way of watching movies).

No comments:

Post a Comment