Monday 30 January 2012

Teaser trailer, magazine and poster

These 3 products are all linked mainly through the consistant imagery based in naturistic surroundings. The film title in each product is the same font which allows it to be easily recognisable, I have also used the same female featuring in all 3 products.

I decided to feature the film 'Shame' along with some information on film festivals on my magazine as they are all linked with the arthouse genre and festivals are more often featured in this type of magazine, whereas in magazine's such as Empire blockbuster flicks would be shown. Shame (Steve Mcqueen) is a recent arthouse film which has caused a lot of controversiality due to it's sensitive content, I wanted to feature something like this as someone that inspires me a lot is Lars von Trier, a director known for controversiality. This film plus the subtle quote from Von Trier at the bottom of the page links all the content nicely together. My own 'film's content has similar themes to some of Von Triers work, things that people don't want to talk about (mental illness, addiction, death) which also relates nicely to Shame. I also featured a quote from Andrea Arnold as I admire her style of filming, I also thought that my use of naturistic surroundings would be a nice homage to Arnold's recent adaption of Wuthering Heights.

No comments:

Post a Comment