Sunday 18 December 2011

Possible magazine layouts

These are some possible magazine layouts I have created, through looking at the elements included in popular film magazines such as Empire or Total Film I have tried to deduce what makes the covers both aesthetically pleasing and what draws the reader in. I have chosen this imagery for my magazine at it is quite ambiguous and photographically pleasing, the film featured doesn't look like an upfront horror which opens up it's audience. I have decided to go with the right hand image layout, or something similar to this, the final design will be drawn out soon. I think it would be better to include the shot which is farther away as it opens up space for text on the magazine cover, as it is an Arthouse feature there will need to be bigger films shown around the image to entice a large audience rather than the niche genre which the film includes. 

1 comment:

  1. A post analysing magazine covers would help deduce the conventions; it's then up to you to decide which to break/adapt etc.

    ReplyDelete