Monday 5 December 2011

Props

The Dress - The dress my main character will be wearing in the second scene is significant to her mindset at that point in the 'film', it will be a white strappy dress. I wanted my character to wear something that bares a lot of skin without being indecent, this is to show her vulnerability in that stage of her story. The white colour represents her innocence and purity before her mind is tainted.



Tape Recorder (if i can find one) - This will be used in the first scene to show that my character is being held in some kind of institution, it normally signifies that the subject is being watched and listened to, analysed perhaps. The type of institution is left for the audience to decide.

Red Balloon - This will be released by my main character in the field we are filming in, I wanted to use a red balloon in particular as it is often a sign of danger. She will be letting the balloon go to show that she is loosing grip of herself and reality, making the warning sign of red significant.



Red Clothing - Red clothing will be worn by the child figure in my piece, she acts as a guide for my main character, yet the audience does not know whether this is for good or bad. I wanted her to stand out amoungst the dark and natural surroundings, red will feature throughout the piece.



Broken Mirror - I will be scattering pieces of broken mirror on the floor of the forest we are filming in, showing the cracks in my characters personality and reality. She does not recognise her own reflection, and I want her to see the child reflected in one of the pieces. This is used similarly in the film Black Swan as Nina unknowingly stabs herself with a shard of mirror as she fights with her own personality.



Music Box - I want to have a shot of a music box inbetween some of the flashing scenes towards the end of my trailer, the serenity of this will contrast to the scream that will feature in the background. The music box is significant as it is something usually related to childhood, refering to the child guiding the main character and her move away from innocence. I want to stop the classical music here and have the sound of the box playing, the eery music leading the audience to the end screen of the trailer.

No comments:

Post a Comment